- Registration fee of $40.00 due at time of registration ($10 discount before May 31st for current students). All students will receive a free t-shirt at the beginning of class.
- Family discounts: The child taking the most classes is at full price; the child taking the second most classes receives a 25% discount and all other children receive a 50% discount.
- First tuition payment includes September and ½ of June (Tuition is for 9 ½ months).
- Tuition is due by the 7th of each month.
- After the 7th of the month, the tuition is considered late and a $25.00 charge will be added.
- After the 15th of the month, if tuition is not paid, students will not be able to dance.
- All returned checks will result in a $25.00 charge.
- If you drop dance you must pay all remaining costume and recital fees plus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Competition fees are due in January. See competition section for more details.
- No refunds.
Studio and Dress Code Policies
- At the Dance Attic we feel strongly that all styles of dance should be reinforced with ballet, therefore we require all dancers to take ballet. All dancers are also required to take jazz. These classes are required to be able to take any additional styles (hip hop, tap, acro, technique, pom). Exceptions may be made only at the discretion of the staff.
- Students must be on time to class.
- Students must be appropriately dressed. Leotards and tights must be worn to ballet. Hair must be up and no jewelry. Dance pants may be worn in tap and jazz. No t-shirts. See this link for more details.
- No food or drink in the studios.
- Please stay up to date each week. Important information will be posted on the front door so please be sure to walk your child in for each class.
- Please make sure that your email address is current so that you can receive the monthly newsletter.
- All classes except technique and acro classes will have a costume.
- Costume costs are included in tuition. Special costumes that exceed the costume allowance will result in extra charges.
- Combo classes will only have two costumes.
- Parents are responsible for costume alterations.
- Costumes are not returnable.
- Most classes will compete in one local competition. The cost is currently estimated at $50 for each routine. Once the competition is selected you will be provided a cost.
- All combo classes will take one routine to competition.
- Advanced ballet and technique classes will not compete at competition.
- Class schedules are subject to change based on enrollment or other factors.
- The first day of class will be the day after Labor Day.
- The Dance Attic will be closed:
- October 31st
- Wednesday and Thursday Thanksgiving week
- Two weeks in Dec. and Jan. (Winter and New Year’s)
- Spring Break (1 week plus Monday)
- Memorial Day
- No vacation or bad weather make-up days. Please call the studio on days with bad weather to confirm that the studio is open. Updates will be made to our Facebook page.
- Recital will be on 1st or 2nd weekend in June.
- Some classes may need to be rescheduled around competition and recital to accommodate extra practices. We will try to give one week notice.
There will be several special Senior opportunities for you. You will receive an email about these things early in the season. You MUST respond to all emails before the deadlines to be able to participate. We want to be able to honor our Seniors, but with the growth that studio has seen, we no longer have the staff to offer a solo for every Senior. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we continue to strive to offer a dance program that benefits everyone!
The Dance Attic (TDA) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by TDA, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. TDA may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by TDA including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.