Studio and Dress Code Policies
1. Students must be on time to class.
2. Students must be appropriately dressed. Leotards and tights must be worn to ballet. Hair must be up and no jewelry. Dance pants may be worn in tap and jazz. No t-shirts. See for more details.
3. No food or drink in the studios.
4. Please stay up to date each week. Important information will be posted on the front door so please be sure to walk your child in for each class.
5. Please make sure that your email address is current so that you can receive the monthly newsletter.
1. Class schedules are subject to change based on enrollment or other factors.
2. The first day of class will be on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
3. The Dance Attic will be closed: October 31st, Wednesday and Thursday Thanksgiving week, Two weeks in Dec. and Jan. (Winter and New Year’s), Spring Break (1 week plus Monday), Memorial Day
4. The Dance Attic calendar will be posted on the website (www.thedanceattic.com) the 1st week of class.
5. No vacation or bad weather make-up days. Please call the studio on days with bad weather to confirm that the studio is open. Updates will be made to our Facebook page. Like us on Facebook to stay informed.
6. Recital will either be the 1st or 2nd weekend in June.
7. Some classes may need to be rescheduled around competition and recital to accommodate extra practices. We will try to give one-week notice.
1. Most classes will compete in one local competition. The cost is currently estimated at $60 for each routine. Once the competition is selected you will be provided an exact cost.
2. All combo classes will take one routine to competition. If your class is competing, you must pay competition fees whether you compete or not.
3. Advanced ballet and technique classes will not compete at competition.
1. All classes except technique and Acro classes will have a costume.
2. Costume costs are included in tuition. Special costumes that exceed the costume allowance will result in extra charges.
3. Combo classes will only have two costumes.
4. Parents are responsible for costume alterations.
5 .No refunds or exchanges on costumes.
6. Account must be up to date to receive costumes.
Photo and Injury Release
I give permission for my child to study dance at The Dance Attic. I release The Dance Attic and its owner of any liability for injuries that may occur to me or my family while on the premises or in dance classes offered by The Dance Attic. I also understand that any photographs taken of my child may be used to advertise The Dance Attic. I agree to comply with all policies of The Dance Attic.
Virtual Contingency Agreement
In the event that the building is forced to remain closed for an extended time, we will offer virtual classes. Per this agreement, you will continue regular payment for the amount of time we are pushed to virtual classes.
1. 30 minute Privates – $40.00
2. 1 Hour Privates – $60.00
Tuition at TDA is all inclusive and prices are per month and include tuition, costume, recital fees, insurance, and two recital tickets per dancer. Family members receive a discount of 25% for 2nd child and 50% for each additional child. Adult classes are also ½ price for parents of registered dancers. Ballet and Jazz are required to take all other styles of dance. Per your agreement, you will owe for all classes you participate in with The Dance Attic throughout the duration of the contract.
Combo Classes Pricing Guidelines
1. Creative Movement (Ages 3/4) – 45 minutes: $65.00
2. PreBallet/Jazz (Ages 4/5) – 60 minutes: $70.00
3. Combo 1-3 (Ballet+Jazz Ages 5-6) – $120.00 , with Tap included is $140.00
4. Combo 4-8 (Ballet+Jazz Ages 7-10) – $130.00, with Tap included is $150.00 Additional Classes: (HipHop, Lyrical, Technique, Acro)
1. Combo Classes +1 Additional Class: (+$45.00)
2. Combo Classes +2 Additional Classes: (+$75.00)
3. Combo Classes +3 Additional Classes: (+$95.00)
4. Combo Classes +4 Additional Classes: (+$105.00)
A-H 1 Hour Classes Pricing Guide
1 hr. Combo/Combo A & B and Groups C-H
1. 1 Class – $80.00
2. 2 Classes – $145.00
3. 3 Classes – $195.00
4. 4 Classes – $235.00
5. 5 Classes – $255.00
6. 6 Classes – $275.00
7. Over 6 Classes: +$20.00 per class
8. Pointe (By Invitation only): $20.00
1. Registration fee of $50.00 due at time of registration. ($10 discount before June 30, 2020 for current students) All students will receive a free t-shirt at the beginning of class.
2. Family discounts: The child taking the most classes is at full price; the child taking the second most classes receives a 25% discount and all other children receive a 50% discount.
3. First tuition payment includes September and ½ of June (Tuition is for 9 ½ months).
4. Tuition of $___________ is due by the 1st of each month.
5. After the 1st of the month, the tuition is considered late and a $25.00 charge will be added. This includes checks post-dated after the 1st as well.
6. After the 15th of the month, if tuition is not paid, students will not be able to dance.
7. All returned checks will result in a $25.00 charge.
8. If you drop dance you must pay all remaining costume, recital, and competition fees plus a $50 cancellation fee.
9. Competition fees are due in January. See competition section for more details.
10. No refunds.
11. Ballet and Jazz are required to take all other styles of dance.